Marco’s Author Blog: Manifesting Communities of Fun, Love and Transformation
From Marco’s Blog
- On the road again; life in the political cult; new bookEven more than usual here, I don’t know what to say in a check-in. My life lately has been rich and complex, and any paragraph in this email I could expand into a tome. I will stick to the four news items, of which three are big. On the road […]
- Chapter 1: An NVC Primer: Learning the language of feelings and needs; and basic communication literacy that is NOT included in the NVC model“Every criticism, judgment, diagnosis, and expression of anger is the tragic expression of an unmet need.” — Marshall B. Rosenberg What NVC is good at, and where it fails I will start my chapter on Non-Violent Communication with the disclaimer that I am not widely read, so I apologize if […]
- [book] Relational Leadership and Emotional Communication: Warp-speed your development through the practice of Authentic RelatingTable of Contents Introduction: How I finally got a life (after 40 years of trying), and some key conceptual takeaways From 2016 to 2021 From the fall of 2021 to now Case study: Own your characterology (heads-up, this is going to be brutal) Authentic Relating is not enough: some disclaimers […]
- The “Nano-RV”: Converting a Ford Focus to a miniature RV / Traveling vehicleContext for this article When gas exceeded $4 per gallon this summer, I decided I needed to do something with my 2013 F150 with a cap, that I had converted into what I called “the micro-RV” (photo to the right). I was really very happy with the micro-RV, but I […]
- Converting a cheap Guide Gear wood stove to a secondary combustion systemContext for this article When I built-up my 32′ Fifth-wheel RV as a permanent home in summer of 2021 I was looking for a small wood stove. I really wanted the Cubic Mini Grizzly stove. It was the right size for this space (8,000 to 18,000 BTU/hr, or 2.3 to […]
- Final days at Hridaya Yoga, Mazunte, MexicoI am in a cafe watching the ocean, on my final weekend at Hridaya Yoga. I will be back in Denver on Thursday. I will begin by saying I have been in great intellectual activation (even hypomanic ideation) my whole time here. It started in Guatemala with all my successes […]
- Guatemala to Mazunte, Mexico; and 9 days at Hridaya YogaThis note has two chapters as I have been in two different worlds for the last two weeks. From Guatemala to Mazunte, Mexico (9 days) This was supposed to be a vacation, but it was hardly that. To begin I was still processing the extraordinary events of my time in […]
- San Marcos La Laguna, Guatemala: take-awaysSo I am about 1 ½ months into what’s becoming a 3-month adventure: it’s looking like roughly two months digital-nomading in the hippie paradise of San Marcos La Laguna, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala. Followed by a 3 ½ week yoga retreat at Hridaya Yoga in Mazunte, Mexico, which is about a […]
- From Little House on the Prairie to GuatemalaBig news here. I am leaving the egalitarian commune in Wyoming to move to Guatemala tomorrow! And this time (once in a lifetime) I am ahead of the game in terms of packing (I usually pack at 8pm the night before). I have such a jumble of thoughts I don’t […]
- Winter has arrived in Wyoming! Plus exciting plans(And oh, Merry Christmas by the way!) Winter has FINALLY arrived at Solidarity Collective in Wyoming! Significant upgrades to the RV (a real bed, rather than a cot!), to the commune (the potable water system I designed, its fed by under the sink RO system), and more. I am happier […]
From the Authentic Singles Blog
- Online Dating and the Man/Woman Game: My Storyon January 31, 2019
(Note: this post is also available in audio as a podcast here or in iTunes). My Dating and Relationship Story “Sexuality is the #1 super-power” — Dieter Duhm “Sex is dirty. Save it for someone you love” — Esther Perel This is a book for men who want to win with women. Men who want The post Online Dating and the Man/Woman Game: My Story appeared first on Authentic Singles.
- What Women Want: Towards a New Psychology of Love, Sex and Gender Relationson January 31, 2019
Note: this article is also available as a podcast here. “Men and women have searched for each other for generations and always missed one another” – Dieter Duhm Contents Preamble Asbstract Re-Inventing Feminism Sexual Polarity according to David Deida Sexual Polarity for Women Sexual Polarity for Men How to Find Out More Preamble (July 2019) The post What Women Want: Towards a New Psychology of Love, Sex and Gender Relations appeared first on Authentic Singles.
- I have a Dream: the social-political context of love and sexon July 16, 2018
(Listen to the podcast version of this article here) Note: this article is part of my memoir, Broke, Single, Crazy and Old. I present it here as an addendum to the What Women Want article, as it goes more deeply into the political theory or ideology that underlies much of my work around sexuality. The The post I have a Dream: the social-political context of love and sex appeared first on Authentic Singles.