Marco’s Blog: Manifesting Communities of Fun, Love and Transformation
From Marco’s Blog
- “You know you are a writer when”: writing and coffee addiction jokesI am trying to locate an old joke but did not succeed. It goes something like (very roughly paraphrased): You haven’t slept for 24 hours. The room is spinning around you. You have enough caffeine in your blood to kill a horse. But you won’t stop what you are doing. […]
- Marco’s 3 Noble Truths[Note: this article is a continuation of How to talk to the voices inside your head]. The approach I am about to describe, attempts to make the very tricky balance between compassion (empathy) and wisdom (or discernment, accurate and sober self-perspective, ultimately emotional intelligence). I would call this approach, simply […]
- How to talk to the voices inside your headWe all have them. For some of us, it’s a single insistent voice. For others its more of a cacophony of voices, rising and falling according to the flow of the day and whatever perceived “success”, or lack thereof, we are having in the moment. Some of the voices are […]
- Best new & classic movies, documentaries and TV series of 2020Despite the tragic scarcity of parties and the sad state of dating, there is some good news: I have noticed a sharp uptick in the quality of television this year. Here is a list of my lifetime favorites. I especially like documentaries, given my desire to learn something in the […]
- The year 2020 in review (oy vey…)I have been silent on this list for so long, I don’t even know where to start. I left Asheville in October and hit the road in my new outfitted truck, named “Bubble”. How that came about is its own story; but two factors weighed in heavily: first, after Covid […]
- Relational Leadership, Part 2: How I learned to be less of an asshole.In part 1 of this article, What is Relational Leadership, I shared some ideas about the nature of emotional intelligence. In this part 2, I get more personal, of how I discovered the Authentic Relating movement and what happened to me there. It’s an embarrassing story. It’s quite a long […]
- What is Relational Leadership? (some embarrassing reveals)This is a very personal article, especially in part 2 where I speak of my own failings (you can skip to the juicy parts directly in Relational Leadership, Part 2: How I learned to be less of an asshole). I hope to illustrate my belief, that most of us learn […]
- How to learn chess by playing your phone against your computer (with Arena and Stockfish)I have discovered a new addiction (oy vey — just what I needed 🙂 ): playing chess against my phone. But since I have no chance at all on a new game against my phone (I believe even phones play grandmaster level these days — yikes), what I do is […]
From the Authentic Singles Blog
- Online Dating and the Man/Woman Game: My Storyon January 31, 2019
(Note: this post is also available in audio as a podcast here or in iTunes). My Dating and Relationship Story “Sexuality is the #1 super-power” — Dieter Duhm “Sex is dirty. Save it for someone you love” — Esther Perel This is a book for men who want to win with women. Men who want The post Online Dating and the Man/Woman Game: My Story appeared first on Authentic Singles.
- What Women Want: Towards a New Psychology of Love, Sex and Gender Relationson January 31, 2019
Note: this article is also available as a podcast here. “Men and women have searched for each other for generations and always missed one another” – Dieter Duhm Contents Preamble Asbstract Re-Inventing Feminism Sexual Polarity according to David Deida Sexual Polarity for Women Sexual Polarity for Men How to Find Out More Preamble (July 2019) The post What Women Want: Towards a New Psychology of Love, Sex and Gender Relations appeared first on Authentic Singles.
- I have a dreamon July 16, 2018
(Listen to the podcast version of this article here) Note: this article is part of a an unpublished memoir. I present it here as an addendum to the What Women Want article, as it goes more deeply into the political theory or ideology that underlies much of my work around sexuality. The basic idea is The post I have a dream appeared first on Authentic Singles.