Marco’s Author Blog: Manifesting Communities of Fun, Love and Transformation
From Marco’s Blog
- Final days at Hridaya Yoga, Mazunte, MexicoI am in a cafe watching the ocean, on my final weekend at Hridaya Yoga. I will be back in Denver on Thursday. I will begin by saying I have been in great intellectual activation (even hypomanic ideation) my whole time here. It started in Guatemala with all my successes […]
- Guatemala to Mazunte, Mexico; and 9 days at Hridaya YogaThis note has two chapters as I have been in two different worlds for the last two weeks. From Guatemala to Mazunte, Mexico (9 days) This was supposed to be a vacation, but it was hardly that. To begin I was still processing the extraordinary events of my time in […]
- San Marcos La Laguna, Guatemala: take-awaysSo I am about 1 ½ months into what’s becoming a 3-month adventure: it’s looking like roughly two months digital-nomading in the hippie paradise of San Marcos La Laguna, Lake Atitlan, Guatemala. Followed by a 3 ½ week yoga retreat at Hridaya Yoga in Mazunte, Mexico, which is about a […]
- From Little House on the Prairie to GuatemalaBig news here. I am leaving the egalitarian commune in Wyoming to move to Guatemala tomorrow! And this time (once in a lifetime) I am ahead of the game in terms of packing (I usually pack at 8pm the night before). I have such a jumble of thoughts I don’t […]
- Winter has arrived in Wyoming! Plus exciting plans(And oh, Merry Christmas by the way!) Winter has FINALLY arrived at Solidarity Collective in Wyoming! Significant upgrades to the RV (a real bed, rather than a cot!), to the commune (the potable water system I designed, its fed by under the sink RO system), and more. I am happier […]
- New digs, new book, new lifeA brief-ish check-in here, at least by my standards. I left Philadelphia in May and headed west, looking for an intentional community. My first stop was Dancing Rabbit eco-villege in Missouri, which was very good (read my in-depth review here), but I kept on moving. I am now in an […]
- Introduction to “Broke, Single, Crazy and Old” (Reviewers wanted)[This is the introduction chapter to my upcoming book, Broke, Single, Crazy and Old: the Redemption of a Sex and Love Addict. I am looking for a publisher — if you have any ideas please write to me — and I am also looking for readers and reviewers who want […]
- On the road, in search of utopiaDear friends, If you have been tracking me here, you will recall I finally retired from the web business last October (in retrospect, I don’t think I am very good at business) and hit the road with Bubble the Truck. That trip took me to Philadelphia and then Boston, where […]
- “You know you are a writer when”: writing and coffee addiction jokesI am trying to locate an old joke but did not succeed. It goes something like (very roughly paraphrased): You haven’t slept for 24 hours. The room is spinning around you. You have enough caffeine in your blood to kill a horse. But you won’t stop what you are doing. […]
- Marco’s 3 Noble Truths[Note: this article is a continuation of How to talk to the voices inside your head]. The approach I am about to describe, attempts to make the very tricky balance between compassion (empathy) and wisdom (or discernment, accurate and sober self-perspective, ultimately emotional intelligence). I would call this approach, simply […]
From the Authentic Singles Blog
- Online Dating and the Man/Woman Game: My Storyon January 31, 2019
(Note: this post is also available in audio as a podcast here or in iTunes). My Dating and Relationship Story “Sexuality is the #1 super-power” — Dieter Duhm “Sex is dirty. Save it for someone you love” — Esther Perel This is a book for men who want to win with women. Men who want The post Online Dating and the Man/Woman Game: My Story appeared first on Authentic Singles.
- What Women Want: Towards a New Psychology of Love, Sex and Gender Relationson January 31, 2019
Note: this article is also available as a podcast here. “Men and women have searched for each other for generations and always missed one another” – Dieter Duhm Contents Preamble Asbstract Re-Inventing Feminism Sexual Polarity according to David Deida Sexual Polarity for Women Sexual Polarity for Men How to Find Out More Preamble (July 2019) The post What Women Want: Towards a New Psychology of Love, Sex and Gender Relations appeared first on Authentic Singles.
- I have a Dream: the social-political context of love and sexon July 16, 2018
(Listen to the podcast version of this article here) Note: this article is part of my memoir, Broke, Single, Crazy and Old. I present it here as an addendum to the What Women Want article, as it goes more deeply into the political theory or ideology that underlies much of my work around sexuality. The The post I have a Dream: the social-political context of love and sex appeared first on Authentic Singles.